Ride Safe during the Rain
The poor condition of Indian roads makes riding seem to be a daunting task. When it comes to riding in the rain, these potholes just makeitworse. No matter how fun and thrilling it may seem, riding in the rain can be treacherous. You should be extra-careful when you hit the roads while it’s pouring.
Rain or no rain, having a bike insurance plan safeguards your bike in case of unfortunate situations. Most people buy bike insurance, but they don’t renew it on time. Bike insurance renewal is a must to keep unexpected financial burdens at bay.
Some people find riding in the rain super thrilling, and they are always ready to accept the challenges thrown to them by such bad weather conditions. When the visibility is low and chances of tyre-skidding are high, you should be cautious so as to have a safe riding experience.
5 Tips for how toridesafely in the Rain
Here are five tips that will help you ride safely when it rains.
- Rainproof Your Vehicle- Check tyres, brakes, and your vehicle’s engine so that you don’t get stranded because ofa vehicle breakdown. Make sure your bike is well-equipped to face the challenges thrown by heavy rains.
- Caution is the Key- Before you hit the roads, be super cautious. Keep your eyes and ears on the road. Check weather updates beforehand and avoid riding if the weather forecast predicts heavy rainfall.
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race- Be patient and apply brakes whenever it’s necessary. Slow down to avoid road accidents/skidding even if you reach your destination a bit late. Better late than never, right?
Also, keep asafe distance from other vehicles on the road to avoid an accident.
- KeepTail-lights and Headlights on-Keep your headlights and taillights on even during thedaytime. It will offer you a clear view of the road and will register your presence as well.
- Avoid the Puddle- No matter how good of a rider you are,avoid puddles as they can lead you tolose the control of your vehicle. Stay focused on the road, and try not to get distracted.
In a Nutshell
In rainy weather, try not to ride. But, if you have to go somewhere on an urgent basis, ride very slowly and carefully. Make sure your bike is in a good condition and its brakes are working fine.Ensure your safety by wearing a helmet, water-resistant eye gear, and other safety gears. While driving during therainy season, “see and be seen” is the survival mantra.
We hope these tips will be helpful for you to drive safely.