Information technology and its significance:
Information technology is a business sector that uses the computer to store, retrieve, and manage data. It refers to development, maintenance of the computer network, hardware and software. Information technology has changed the world, we know it. It has become a vital part of every business. If you ask which is the best information technology, i will say database. In this blog I am going to tell you the importance and advantages of database in the business.
Importance of Database Information Technology:
A database is a collection of data that is organized in the proper format so you can easily manage, retrieve, data without facing ambiguity. For a better inventory all small and mid sized business owners use this information technology. Whether you need to manage payroll, student information, employe records or accountant, this technology will make your data storing and retrieving work hassle-free.
A database management system is relatively lower than other technology and come with many benefits. It enables business owners to add transparency in the business and also build a better relationship with the clients.
- Building a healthy relationship with the clients.
- It an effective technology in direct marketing.
- You can easily tell about your products and services.
- To manage customers data correctly.
- It strengthens the bonding of the business owners and customers.
Advantages of Database Management System information technology:
- Earliest business computer system uses File management system that was not able to provide complete database solution to the customers. That’s why database management system is developed to offer a better facilities to the database administrator. The major objective of the database management system is to provide a way to store and retrieve database in a convenient way. Learn the advantages of database management system.
- Improved data sharing: One of the major advantages of DBMS is that it helps database administrator to create better data and manage it effortlessly. Such feature makes it possible for the end users to retrieve information quickly and edit it hassle-free.
- Security: DBMS security is very high, which means an unauthorized administrator cannot access the data. It keeps your data safe and secure and prevent it from unauthorized data modification. There is username and password for the users to access the database, so that an outsider cannot retrieve and modify the data.
- Minimize data inconsistency: One of the biggest disadvantages of using file management system is data inconsistency. Data inconsistency occurs due to data redundancy (duplicate information of a single person in different files). As database is designed in a more proper way in the DBMS the probability of the data inconsistency is greatly reduces. DBMS control the data redundancy which controls data inconsistency.
- Search capability: In DBMS when users of the database want to retrieve data, they use queries which makes search speed of the database fast and accurate. If user write and execute query, he will receive information as per the written query. The queries of the DBMS maintain flexibility search capability.
- Simplicity: Here simplicity refers the representation of the logical data. In DBMS, the logical view of the database is simple and clear. With the help of options like insert, delete, create and update you can easily edit the database.
Database management system is one of the best information technologies that manage the organization’s various data effortlessly. The users can create, share, update, and delete data on executing queries. It ‘s not only reduce the data inconsistency which is the major drawback of the file management system but also make data safe and secure from unauthorized access.